DIY Rainbow Polka Dot Phone Case

* For those of you stopping by today from A Simple Affair- thanks for taking the time out of your day to see the blog - I appreciate it more than you know!! Hope you like today's craft!*

   **For all other lovely followers- you can find my guest post on all my favorite "E" things on A Simple Affair today as a part of her A-Z series!! **

   Okay. Enough italics. It's hurting my eyes. 

   Remember my DIY checkered phone case from last week? Well as promised, here's the second one I made! In case you haven't figured it out from my many previous posts involving acrylic paint- I have enough different colors to make the most gigantic rainbow imaginable. How? A ridiculous sale at Michael's for 19 cents per bottle on most of them- and then another huge sale with a 25% off coupon on top of that for the rest. I'm telling you people, never pay full price for ANYTHING at Michael's. Splurge elsewhere- there's always a coupon for that place! Alright, moving on to the case: 
 I found a cheap-o white case online (here to be exact) and set up my paints in rainbow order to begin the polka dotting process. After trying brushes, pencil erasers, and other assorted super-legit mediums I found the end of one of my paint brushes worked best to get the tiny dot I was looking for:
 I poured out a small amount of the first color and slowly added white as I made dot after dot- giving the perfect gradation:
 Which led to all the paint looking marbleized and cool like this:
Somehow the orange ended up looking like some terrible lava flow:
 After this point I stopped taking pictures after every single row of colors, but you get the point, right? Good.
 Aaaand drumroll please......

The finished product!!!!!!
 I love it. A lot.
 I especially love the greens and blues in the middle, but then again I'm always a sucker for a good teal or turquoise!

I ended up applying a thin layer of Mod Podge over the top of the dots so they wouldn't rub or peel off, and  thus far it's all stayed perfectly intact!


What do you think? Would you let rainbow polka dots adorn your phone's case? Any other ideas for patterns I could paint on future cases? Let's hear 'em!



Psst: If you're new to the site you can find me on Facebook or Twitter ... or just follow the good old fashioned way by clicking "Join this Site"! Thanks for the love and support! 
(Oh and spoiler alert: I'm new to Twitter and am kind of Twitter-illiterate. Have patience.)

DIY under $5
Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment