chewy oatmeal cranberry cookies

The recipe for these cookies has been tweaked by me a bajillion times. I never made oatmeal cookies growing up, but since college I have been trying to perfect a good recipe... and this my dear blog loves, is it. This batch I made with dried cranberries because I love the tartness- but it would be equally delicious with raisins or extra sweet with chocolate chips. They are perfectly crisp on the outside, and buttery chewy on the inside. 
Ingredients: 
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups old fashioned oats (NOT quick cook oats!)
1 1/2 sticks melted butter
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4  tsp cinnamon
1 cup packed light brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
1 large egg
1 large egg yolk (yes, so technically 1 1/2 eggs....)
1 Tbsp vanilla extract
1 overflowing cup of dried cranberries

Directions:
*Hi. I rarely follow directions properly. Really. I'm terrible. I improvise. If you want these to turn out right- please, follow the directions. I'm not trying to be bossy, but it's coming across that way. You'll thank me later. It's tough love, people.*
1. Preheat your oven to 330 degrees. Line your baking sheets with parchment paper. Don't grease them, just line with parchment paper.
2. Melt your butter- and set aside to let it cool off a little while you mix up other ingredients. 
3. In one bowl, mix together flour, salt, and baking soda.
4. In another bowl, mix your brown and white sugars with the melted butter. Add in your cinnamon, egg, egg yolk, and vanilla and mix/beat for a minute or two until well blended and creamy. Stir in your flour mix until it's fully integrated.

5. Mix in your cranberries and oats. Your batter will be thick!

6. Take small amounts of dough (around 1/4 cup) and roll it into a ball- and then smash it into a hamburger-like patty. No, I don't have pictures of this step- because my hands were covered in battery-y goodness. Sorry.
7. Place on your parchment lined cookie sheets and bake for 15-16 minutes- depending on how hot your oven runs. If you aren't sure- check on them after 13-14 minutes. When they're light light golden brown take them out- if you overbake they won't be chewy!

OH MY GOSH THEY ARE GOOD. Just look at them:
Perfect with a nice glass of milk....
Mmmmhmmmm
Alright, I'm done bossing you through this recipe. Instead of bossing I'll start shamelessly promoting:

 Now go: Bookmark it. Pin it. Tweet it. Share it with your friends.

(Wait, you don't follow me on Twitter? Let's fix that: HERE)
oh, and i'm linking up for :

0 comments:

Post a Comment