Spicy Chocolate Pretzels

You all know I like pretzels, right? Especially now that I can pronounce them (as I kid, I called them "prezzles").
Remember my Cinnamon Sugar Pretzels? Delicious.

Well, I found some unopened cayenne in the spice drawer this weekend and decided to try making some spicy chocolate pretzels. Just like the last pretzel snack I made, these are of course ridiculously simple. I mean, it's pretzels and chocolate. Not rocket science, but still: delicious. 


WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
-1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening (crisco)
- pretzels
- parchment paper

HOW TO MAKE IT HAPPEN:
Step 1: Melt chocolate chips and shortening together in a bowl. (Either using a double boiler or slowly microwaving 10 seconds at a time)
Step 2: Once fully melted, stir in cayenne
Step 3: Dip your pretzels, making sure they're fully covered.
Step 4: Lay on parchment lined baking sheet and refrigerate for 1 hour before enjoying!


 I put them out without telling Michael (who hates spicy things) they had cayenne in them. Needless to say, he was NOT pleased with how they came out. I thought they were the perfect balance of spicy and sweet.

Next time I guess I'll have to make something a little more Michael friendly.
I'm thinking of making some kind of pretzel toffee...
...anyone have any good recipes for that? 

xo, lp
Side Note: Do y'all watch the show Shark Tank? If you don't- you should. Basically people pitch their business ideas to billionaires (like Daymond John and Kevin O'Leary) and either get an investment or not. It's way more interesting than I make it sound, I promise! ANYWAY some lady went in looking for an investment to start a specialty pretzel company. REALLY? Just because you can put caramel and nuts on pretzels doesn't mean you deserve a $100,000 investment.  Boo lady, BOO.

0 comments:

Post a Comment