THE BEST ROASTED PUMPKIN SEEDS!

Confession: I dislike all pumpkin flavored things.
You won't see this girl eating pumpkin pie during the holidays, or sipping a good old Starbucks PSL in her Instagram pictures like the rest of the world.

Count me out of the cool crowd during the fall season, because I just can't do it. Now, pumpkin seeds are the anomaly here...because in my mind they taste NOTHING like pumpkins. Even though they...well...make pumpkins. Or come from them? Chicken and the egg scenario here, people. 

Anyways, getting off track. Besides being delicious when roasted, they also bring back sweet memories of roasting them with my mom after carving pumpkins with my dad and bringing them to my favorite elementary school teachers. This Sunday was a rainy, rainy day- and roasting up some seeds while staying cozy inside just seemed like the right thing to do. 
Thus, I present you with the BEST roasted pumpkin seeds ever:

What you'll need to make it happen:
1 cup raw pumpkin seeds
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
parchment paper

How to make it happen (hold on to your hats, this is a doozy kids):
Step 1: Wash your pumpkin seeds off to get rid of as much pumpkin goop as possible. You can leave some in, but if you're a pumpkin-phobe like me, get it outta there!
Step 2: Toss your seeds with your olive oil and spices and spread out evenly on a parchment lined baking sheet. 
Step 3: Bake at 300 degrees for 40 minutes, taking them out and stirring/flipping halfway through.
Step 4: Let cool for a minute and enjoy!

(difficult, right?)




Now, I know there was a good chunk of you excited about this recipe based on your comments yesterday, so if you end up making some, let me know how they turn out. Seriously! Shout it out on Twitter or snap a picture on Instagram!

Are you a roasted pumpkin seed fan too?
Any one else hate all other things pumpkin? No? Anyone?

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment