WINTER VEGETABLE SOUP [even carnivores will love it]

I'm the pickiest soup eater ever.

I either like pureed soups, or chunky soups that only have specific veggies in them. I don't like beans, celery, or tomatoes in soup. Like I said : pickiest. soup. eater. ever. 

Thus, this soup HAS to be awesome for me to love it. Trust me.
What's even better is that it's a crock pot recipe, so work is minimal!
Now, let me say first Michael did most of the work in this soup. I supervised, and we both made seasoning decisions (crucial, of course). Just had to give him credit as the real soup maker in the house...

What you'll need to make it happen:
32 ounces of vegetable stock // 8 ounces water // 6 ounces tomato paste
2 cups chopped carrots // 2 cups chopped cauliflower // 2 cups chopped red potatoes
2 cloves garlic, minced // 2 small onions, chopped // 3 tablespoons pesto
1 tsp salt // 2 tsp black pepper // 2 tsp dried oregano // 2 Tbsp olive oil
dried parsley for garnish

How to make it happen:
Step 1: Throw your vegetable stock, water, tomato paste, olive oil, pesto, carrots, and potatoes in your crock pot (let cook for 30 minutes).
Step 2: While that cooks, sautee your onions in a little oil or butter and set aside.
Step 3: Throw in your cauliflower, onions, and seasonings, and let it go!

* You can absolutely throw all your veggies in at once, I just wanted to keep the cauliflower from getting too cooked down
** As it is with crockpots, either let it on all day on low so it's ready for dinner, or cook it on high so it's ready to enjoy in a few hours
 Crunchy bread is also absolutely necessary! 
 Enjoy!

Easy, right?
Nothing like a warm, flavorful soup to get rid of the chill of winter (Yes I can say winter- it was snowing again today)!

What's your favorite winter soup?
Email me your recipes/ideas: beautyandbeard@gmail.com!

xo, lp

0 comments:

Post a Comment