AMUUUURICAN WEEKEND

Last week was a big week. A promotion at work and a new apartment lease getting signed was a little overwhelming (in a good way!), and called for a family & friend filled weekend to celebrate.

Looking back on the weekend, it was full-on Americana. Big family dinners, stock car racing in the Wisconsin countryside, a baseball game, and some beer & tailgating. 

Starting on Friday night:
My parents came in town to see my uncle race this weekend at the Columbus 151 Speedway. We had dinner with my sister, brother-in-law, and niece at one of the best pizza places in WI- Salvatore's Tomato Pies (you must go if you're in Sun Prairie). We then headed to the racetrack to cheer my amazing uncle on!

Here's my tiny niece with her noise-canceling headphones and gigantic icee:
We watched the races until laaaate at night. So worth it- such a gorgeous night in the country!

Saturday was baseball day.
Michael and I spent the day tailgating at Miller Park with a big group of his coworkers. Nothing like a good PBR to feel American on a sunny Saturday!

Brewers even won, which is a rare occasion these days!

In other news- I am soooo excited to share the most DELICIOUS summer drinks I made a couple weekends ago. I have to say this was by far the best mojito I've ever had. Yummm. Come back tomorrow for the recipe!

Enough about me- how was your weekend?
Anyone else do anything uber- Amuuurican?

xo, lp


psssst: find me on instagram HERE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment